An iconic dish of Italian cuisine, with the typical ingredients of the Bel Paese: spaghetti, tomato and basil. Spaghetti with tomato sauce is an institution, a simple but far from trivial recipe.
Like most Italian recipes, it starts with a few ingredients but of high quality, apparently the recipe is very simple but if the right steps are not followed, it can turn into a disaster. I’ll show you how to avoid more common mistakes and surprise your guests!
- 320 grams spaghetti
- 30 grams olive oil
- 8 leafs basil
- 800 grams peeled tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- To prepare spaghetti al pomodoro,start preparing the sauce, pour extra virgin olive oil in a sauce pan,add the garlic and chopped fresno chili and let it cook for 2 minutes at medium heat.
- Now it's time to add add the peeled tomatoes(be sure to choose a high quality tomatoes, my favorite are from italian company Mutti).
- Cover with a lid and cook for at least 1 hour on a very low heat: the sauce should simmer gently as to obtain a smooth and homogeneous puree.
- Stir occasionally. After the indicated time, remove the garlic and pass the tomatoes to the food mill
- Put the sauce back in the pan, turn on the very low heat and add the basil leaves . After a few minutes you can turn off the sauce and keep warm. At this point you just have to cook the pasta in abundant boiling salted water
- Drain the spaghetti al dente directly in the sauce and stir for a few minutes on high heat to combine everything together. Your spaghetti with tomato sauce is ready, you just have to serve it up and garnish with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil.